This is Audrey. I’m the summer Publicity and Outreach Assistant for the Libe, and this is my first blog post (so I only have a vague idea of what I’m doing..)

For the past week or so, I’ve been helping to get materials ready for Reunion. There were quite a few events that took place in the Libe, such as the Archives Show and Tell, Remember Me, Illustrate the Libe, Resources for Alums, and Story Time, to name a few. This year, we also had a brand new event that took place Saturday morning, called Wee Carls Story Time and Crafts, which I will talk about in a little bit. A large part of my job in getting ready for Reunion was to update the old Reunion signs and to create new ones as needed. Then there was the task of organizing all the signs that were going to be used, putting them in the proper folders, and printing them. I made a variety of new signs, including a coupleĀ for the new event.

StorytimeandCrafts_Green_DS

The new event was a surprisingly wild success. A good number of kids, along with their parents, showed up and engaged with the activities available. The Rookery was filled and every kid found something that they wanted to work on. Several even stayed past the event end time until 12:15 to finish up some more crafts. We had tables with coloring pages, mini coloring books, paper bag puppets, and animal bookmarks for the kids following a Story Time with a few penguin-themed books. I mostly stayed and helped at the bookmarks table, and in addition to the penguin bookmark templates that we had printed out, I cut out blank squares of paper so kids could make their own animals if they wanted to. A few of the animals I saw were a falcon, a dragon, and a bunny.

As this was my first time being on campus during Reunion, I didn’t know exactly what to expect. There was a lot to be done regarding Publicity and Outreach, but everything got completed in time for the alum events. I even had a few alums come up to me and talk to me about my experiences at Carleton, which was a pleasant surprise.

Product: Digital Signs and other materials for Reunion

Prompt from the Outreach team: Put together and prepare materials such as signs, coloring book pages, and handouts that will help those on campus during Reunion find out about the events occurring in the Libe.