Application deadline: Monday January 15, 2018 (closed)
To participate in the 2018 NSF Chemistry Early Career Investigator Workshop, you need to submit an Application as outlined below by January 15, 2018. After we have completed the selection process, we will send out registration information to the invited participants during the week of January 29, 2018.
The application will consist of the following materials:
- A one-page, NSF-style project summary (see NSF’s grant proposal guidelines).
- A two-page NSF-style biographical sketch (see NSF’s grant proposal guidelines)
- A short statement of support on department letterhead, signed by the department chair certifying that the applicant:
- has not received federal funding as a lead PI during their independent career in direct support of their research* as of the submission date,
- will be eligible to submit a NSF-CAREER proposal in 2018**.
Attendees are expected to cover their own travel and lodging costs. To ensure broad representation at the workshop, a limited number of travel stipends will available. Please indicate in the online application if you would like to be considered for support.
*Applicants who have received postdoctoral training grants, served as a co-PI on a federal grant, or served as lead PI on MRI or REU grants are eligible.
**For specific questions regarding CAREER eligibility, please be sure to visit the Eligibility Section of the CAREER Solicitation as well as our Frequently Asked Questions page to see if you can find answers to common questions.